Thursday, December 24, 2009

Rome-St. Peter's Cathedral


The dome in St. Peter's. I think I remember hearing that it is the biggest dome in the world, which would explain why we took a picture of it. Woooooo....


So I'm walking around trying to soak in all the beauty, and then here's this dead guy right in the middle of it all! I'm probably the only person who didn't know that the last pope (because he was so dearly loved by all), is also on display at St. Peter's. So I've decided-when I go, just pump me full of formaldehyde and lay me in the family room-Snow White style.

Jon in front of some stuff-just to give some perspective. This stuff was HUGE!










Bernini's huge altar. This is where Ewen McGreggor lights himself on fire in Angels and Demons. Boy, I love history.



No comments: