Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wicked

So we bought these tickets about a year earlier, and kind of forgot about them. We listened to the music and explained a little bit of the story to the kids, but it wasn't until after school one day, when Andrew was humming the "popular" tune that I thought to myself, "mmmm, Wicked. That's a great musical. I remember when I bought tickets to that." Suddenly I'm in panic mode, yelling, "what's the date?! Somebody find a calendar!" My tickets were for that very day, just a couple hours away. I quickly called Jon to get him home (he had an overtime shift scheduled), we cleaned ourselves up a little and raced to Gammage theater. Even though we made it, I still had panic attacks about it for a couple days.





3 comments:

Jacque said...

CHERISE!
HOW COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT WICKED?!?!?!
Most people have paper chains around their houses counting down the hours!
I am so happy you were able to go! :)
haha fun story!

halliday6 said...

Seriously, jacque, I get a knot in my stomach just thinking about it, and we went over the SUMMER. Can you imagine missing it after buying the tickets? (5 of them??!!)

Melissa said...

I am so glad you got to go! I wish they would put it on here in ID! (yea- what are the chances of that?). I saw it in NY and it is my ALL-TIME favorite out of every one I have seen!