Monday, August 31, 2009

My baby smells like syrup. All the time.


I've noticed this on several occasions, and others have pointed it out. The nurse at the pediatrician's office says, " oooh, somebody had pancakes!" The weird thing is, we don't. Sunday is pancake day, but every other day is just oatmeal or cereal! In fact, she eats oatmeal ALL THE TIME. She's yelling at me from downstairs right now, "Mom, you make me some eemeel?" I've wondered why this little girl smells like syrup, when Mom laughed at her scent last night, as she was polishing off a before-bed snack of maple-brown-sugar oatmeal. Duh. It's not even that it's on her face or hands, it emitting from her skin, she eats it so much. She sweats maple-brown-sugar! Gives new meaning to "sugar and spice, everything nice"

1 comment:

Will and Melissa said...

HAHA! This is really funny! At least it's a yummy smell...