Friday, June 5, 2009

The many sides of Jon

Here is Jon mowing the lawn. What makes me laugh is the shoes. They are golf shoes with ankle socks. Apparently this helps aerate the lawn. Sometimes he wears his big black combat boots, gym shorts, and no shirt. SO AWESOME. Jon used his lunch break to work on Reese's birthday cake. This is real serious work. I'd like to say he did it to lighten my birthday party load, but I truly think he just didn't trust my cake-making skills. And for good reason. I have ruined almost every cake I have attempted.

The finished product!


Have I ever spoken of my Jon? I mean, REALLY spoken of him? He is amazing. He is good at EVERYTHING. And the kindest husband. And so stinking funny. I can't wait to hang out with him to get my daily dose of funny. Have you ever been to a sleepover, and there was that one annoying kid who didn't want to go to sleep and woke up at the first sign of sunlight because he was just so excited to be at a sleepover? Now imagine two of those kids got married. I AM SO TIRED. 11 years of being so excited to be with him is really starting to wear me down. We got up at 4:45 am this morning to make doughnuts for National Doughnut Day. (I sent them in to the police department with Jon . I thought that would be funny.) And stayed up until after 11 laughing till it hurt. I like this boy.

No comments: